This is a step by step tutorial on how to remove Microsoft Edge as your default browser in Windows 11. The latest update for the operating system has brought back some features that were missing, but it also removed its predecessor, Internet Explorer.
The “how to set google chrome as default browser in windows 11” is a tutorial on how to remove Microsoft Edge as the default browser. The tutorial also includes instructions on how to set Google Chrome as the default browser for Windows.
Microsoft Edge is the default web browser in Windows 11 for all link kinds, web-related documents such as HTML, the search box in the Start menu, and so on. You can change the default browser in Windows 11 from Microsoft Edge to another web browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, but you must first have another web browser installed.
This post will teach you how to change the default web browser in Windows 11 from Edge to another browser such as Chrome. This tutorial will be divided into two sections. The first section discusses how to change the default browser for most links you click and online pages you view, while the second section explains how to forcibly reroute all other components, such as the Start menu search, to another browser instead of Edge, even after changing the default browser.
Also see: How to Change the Default Search in Windows 11 Start Menu to Google
In Windows 11, disable Edge as the default browser.
Change your default browser to something else.
As previously stated, every operating system requires a default browser. You’ll need another browser installed to replace Edge as your default browser. In Windows 11, you may use whatever browser you like. We’ll use Chrome as an example in this article. Follow the instructions below to change the default web browser in Windows 11.
1. Set the default browser in Windows 11 to the web browser you wish to use. If you still want to use a browser other than Edge, we suggest Google Chrome.
2. Press Win + I to access Settings once the browser has been installed. From the left pane, pick Apps, and then Default Apps from the right pane.
3. Under “Set defaults for programs” in the Default apps settings, look for the browser you wish to use as your default. Because I’ve installed Chrome in this case, I’ll look for it here.
4. On the following page, you’ll get a list of all the link and file formats supported by Chrome (or the other browser you choose). Change the default browser for each supported file format and link type to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge.
Yes, it’s a big list, and you’ll have to update each item one by one. After you’ve made the modifications, Windows 11 will automatically open any of the link or file types you’ve specified in the default browser you’ve chosen. Chrome is going to be my choice.
See also: How to Make Chrome Your Default Browser on Windows 11
Using EdgeDeflector, force everything else to open in the normal browser instead than Edge.
Even after altering all link types and web-related file types to open in another browser, certain aspects, like as the Start menu search, will still open in Microsoft Edge. This is one of the items that consumers are unable to modify without the assistance of a third-party program.
If any program or element continues to open in Edge despite changing the default browser, you may use the EdgeDeflector tool to compel Windows to open anything (that is meant to open in Edge) using the default browser you have specified instead. However, you will still need to change your default web browser by completing the steps outlined in the first section of this tutorial.
EdgeDeflector is a program that can intercept any links that would normally open in Edge and rewrite them to open in the default web browser you’ve specified. EdgeDeflector may be installed and deployed on Windows 11 using the instructions below.
1. Go to https://github.com/da2x/EdgeDeflector/releases and download EdgeDeflector. Select the installer under Assets from the post labeled “Latest” release.
2. To install the software, run the installer.
3. Once you have installed the app, press Win + i to open Settings, and navigate to Apps > Default apps. Search for EdgeDeflector in the “Set defaults for applications” section, and then select EdgeDeflector.
4. Select URL:microsoft-edge in the “How do you want to open this” box, and then EdgeDeflector in the “How do you want to open this” prompt. To save the changes, click OK.
EdgeDeflector will now redirect any microsoft-edge:/ link requests to standard HTTPS://, which will open in the default web browser you have selected to open HTTP or HTTPS link types in Windows 11.
This post will teach you how to change the default browser in Windows 11 to a different browser and remove Microsoft Edge as the default browser.
Nyau Wai Hoe’s last update was on March 31, 2022.
The “how to change default browser android” is a question that many people have asked. The answer is simple, you just need to go into the settings and change your default browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my default browser in Windows 11?
A: Press the Windows key + R. This will bring up a run window, and you can type in shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.com to get directly into Microsofts website where your default browser is set.
How do I stop edge from opening on startup Windows 11?
A: If you are experiencing this with Windows 10, there is a fix for it. This bug will be fixed in the next patch notes for Windows 11.
Can I delete Microsoft edge in Windows 11?
A: Microsoft Edge is the new default browser in Windows 10. Its not possible to delete it, but you can change it back to your old browser by going into Control Panel -> Programs and Features and uninstalling Internet Explorer 11.
- how to change default browser windows 11
- set chrome as default browser windows 10
- windows 11 default browser reddit
- make chrome default browser
- how to remove default apps windows 11