Fix Browser error code b5 in Respondus LockDown [Instructors & Students]
Introduction: This article will help you resolve the following browser error – “b5”
– The page cannot be displayed.
The “lockdown self extractor error” is a browser error that occurs when attempting to open Respondus LockDown. The solution for this issue is to run the file in the command line using the “unzip -d lock down” command.
Faith Cheruiyot was the author of this piece.
Faith is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience covering software, electronics, and the web. Windows, Android, browsers, and pretty much everything with a power button captivate her. When… Continue reading
- On Respondus LockDown, the error number b5 is linked to a particular exam in the student’s dashboard.
- To verify whether an update has been sent, the browser needs permission.
- The functioning of this program requires the use of the Internet.
Are you having trouble with your current browser? Upgrade to a newer version: Opera You are entitled to a better browser! Every day, 350 million people use Opera, a full-featured navigation experience with a variety of built-in packages, reduced resource use, and a beautiful look. Here are some examples of what Opera can do:
- Simple migration: transfer existing data, such as bookmarks, passwords, and so on, using the Opera helper.
- Optimize resource usage: compared to other browsers, your RAM memory is utilized more effectively.
- Increased privacy: a free and unlimited VPN is included.
- There are no advertisements since they are built-in. Ad Blocker reduces the time it takes for websites to load and protects you from data mining.
- Gaming-friendly: Opera GX is the world’s first and finest gaming browser.
- Opera may be downloaded here.
It’s common to get a code error b4 while taking a test in the browser. To avoid similar issues, examine the security settings in Internet Explorer as well as the browser’s general operation. You should retake the examinations after resetting Internet Explorer to its default security settings.
Both Windows and Mac users may use the web app. It secures the testing environment inside Blackboard, preventing students from printing, copying, visiting URLs, or using other apps.
During an assessment, pupils are locked in the software until they submit it for marking.
Microsoft Edge and Macintosh both utilize the same HTML engine, system components, and settings as LockDown. It works similarly to a conventional browser, however it lacks a few features.
It would be beneficial if you solely utilized it for testing purposes. If you utilize the software to access more granular material, such as worksheets and lecture notes, you may run into issues.
The issue might arise if the teacher modifies the examinations or the settings after they have been enabled. Here’s how to make modifications to an exam if the LockDown Browser has already been activated.
Installing all required system updates whenever you upgrade a new version of this Respondus software is critical to keep your system up to date. Also, for Windows users, make sure you have the most recent version of Microsoft Edge, and for Mac users, make sure you have the most recent version of Safari.
What is the Respondus LockDown Browser and how does it work?
It is a prerequisite for specific tests that you know how to activate the LockDown Browser Building Block.
The following is how the program works:
- Assessments take up the whole screen and cannot be reduced.
- Except for the Back, Forward, Refresh, and Stop choices, the browser menu and toolbar options have been eliminated.
- Printing and screen capturing are not available.
- Other programs, including as chat, screen sharing, virtual machines, and remote desktops, are not accessible.
- It is forbidden to copy and paste anything into or out of an evaluation.
- Menu choices from the right-click menu, function keys, keyboard shortcuts, and task switching are all disabled.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
The LockDown Browser performs well in its tasks. Everything you do throughout the exam is recorded. Attempts to cheat or access banned features might set up an alert that has to be watched closely.
How can I resolve the issue number b5 in Respondus LockDown Browser?
1. Resolve the issue for teachers.
- Log in to Blackboard and find your way around your course.
- Expand the Course Tools menu and click the Respondus LockDown Browser under the Course Management option.
- To open the Respondus Dashboard, click Continue to LockDown Browser.
- Locate the test that caused the error.
- Click the Fix button to correct the mistake.
- The exam integration has been fixed, and students may now take the exam again.
2. Provide pupils with a solution to the problem.
- Select the Start Menu icon from the Start Menu drop-down menu.
- Go to the Network and Internet option in the Control Panel.
- Select Internet Options from the menu.
- On the Security tab, make sure the settings are no higher than medium.
- Click Reset under Reset Internet Explorer settings.
- In the pop-up box on the Advanced tab, click Delete Personal Settings.
- Restart your computer and attempt again to go to the test dashboard.
If the aforementioned solutions do not work, you may inspect your computer and learn how to resolve computer or network issues.
Before you begin, make sure you’re using Respondus LockDown Browser and that all other programs are closed. Also, make sure that the URL is blackboard.UND.edu rather than blackboard.NDUS.edu.
More information about this subject may be found here.
What should I be aware of while using the LockDown Browser?
When this online software detects that conflicting apps are still running on a computer, it will prompt you to shut them.
Some apps, such as Dell Dock and Google Toolbar, operate in the background and must be shut off in order to continue with the LockDown.
Some apps may cause the browser to become unresponsive or freeze up. iTunes and other media apps, file sharing agents like Bittorent, and instant chat software that require Java or the Internet have an increased chance of causing the web app to freeze up.
If you lose your Internet connection while taking an exam, LockDown may cease responding. Shut down the system by removing all power from the computer, including the power cords, to address the problem.
Respondus is a fantastic online application. Students may take tests simply inside the learning management system, and institutions can secure the integrity of their online examinations. You may also look at the finest E-learning browsers.
The software patches listed above will assist you in efficiently resolving the error problems. More information on how to install the LockDown Browser may be found here.
Please let us know which of the solutions worked for you. Please let us know by posting a comment in the space below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “respondus lockdown browser” is a browser error code that will show up when you are trying to access Respondus LockDown. The issue can be fixed by following these steps:
- lockdown browser
- lockdown browser wants to make changes
- lockdown browser issues
- this program can only be launched from a link in another browser
- lockdown browser closes itself