Did you try everything but still keep getting the error code 14-Out of memory and then your Edge browser crashes? Here are a few easy steps to fix it.
The “microsoft edge out of memory error” is a common issue that has been present for some time. There are 7 easy tips to fix the problem.
Faith Cheruiyot was the author of this piece.
Faith is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience covering software, electronics, and the web. Windows, Android, browsers, and pretty much everything with a power button captivate her. When… Continue reading
- When your computer runs out of memory to assign to the browser or other applications, the Out of Memory error code appears.
- Memory-related and browser settings are the most common reasons of the problem, and there are numerous methods to fix it.
- You may, for example, reset the browser using one of the two ways listed below.
Upgrade to a better browser instead of resolving difficulties with Edge: Opera You are entitled to a better browser! Every day, 350 million people use Opera, a full-featured navigation experience with a variety of built-in packages, reduced resource use, and a beautiful look. Here are some examples of what Opera can do:
- Simple migration: transfer existing data, such as bookmarks, passwords, and so on, using the Opera helper.
- Resource optimization: your RAM memory is utilized more effectively than Chrome’s.
- Increased privacy: a free and unlimited VPN is included.
- There are no advertisements since they are built-in. Ad Blocker reduces the time it takes for websites to load and protects you from data mining.
- Opera may be downloaded here.
Because Microsoft Edge uses some of the same engines as Chrome, it uses more memory and consumes a lot of PC resources. Most Edge users see the Out of memory error code when they launch a new web page. It prevents the website from loading, which is inconvenient for the user.
The majority of the difficulties are connected to RAM and other Chrome settings. Due to operations such as network service, the problem might cause the system to slow down.
There are various options for resolving this issue. To clear it, most of the solutions require troubleshooting the Edge settings. We’ll go through a few different approaches to dealing with the Out of Memory error code in this post.
What causes the Out of Memory error code in Microsoft Edge?
This issue is caused by a number of browser and memory-related difficulties. The following are some of the issues:
- Having a lot of Edge addons and extensions
- Using a single window to open many tabs
- Insufficient memory on your computer
- Using an out-of-date version of Microsoft Edge
- Interference from cookies and cache in the browser
Some people assume the error message relates to the hard disk’s memory since both RAM and hard drive space are informally referred to as memory.
Following that, some people will begin deleting data from their computers in order to clear up space. While this will thin the hard disk, it will not fix the Out of memory problem signal in your browser.
Fortunately, there are many options for resolving the problem and continuing to browse without interruption.
What can I do if I get an Out of Memory error in Edge?
1. Delete the cookies and cache from the Edge browser.
- Open the Edge browser and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- To see additional choices, go to the Privacy, search, and services tab.
- To increase your privacy, choose the Balanced option from the three options.
- Choose what to clear by going to the Clear browsing data tab and clicking the Choose what to clear option.
- A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to choose the Time period, check the Cookies and other site data, Cached pictures and files, and click the Clear now button.
All Edge faults are removed when the cache is cleared. To test whether the problem has been resolved, restart the browser and attempt to view the web sites again.
When you use a browser like Microsoft Edge, it keeps data from the websites you view in its cache and cookies.
Clearing them may assist with formatting and loading difficulties on a website, as well as make your surfing more safe.
CCleaner is a professional program that cleans your browser’s cookies, trackers, internet history, download history, and cache automatically. Furthermore, this program has the ability to remove individual session activity.
2. Uninstall any extensions or add-ons.
- Click on the three dotted lines in the Edge browser.
- Select Extensions from the drop-down menu.
- Look for a list of the extensions that have been installed.
- To turn them off, click the Extensions button, or to delete them, click the Remove button.
Addons and extensions are used by the majority of users to enhance their online experience and automate various operations. However, having too many of them might degrade browser speed by using more of the browser’s RAM.
3. Use a different browser.
In general, Edge is an excellent and trustworthy browser, but if you continue to get error warnings, switching to another browser is the fastest option.
Expert Tip: Some PC problems, such as damaged repositories or missing Windows files, are difficult to resolve. If you’re having problems repairing a mistake, it’s possible that your system is partly broken. Restoro is a tool that will scan your computer and determine the source of the problem. To download and begin mending, go here.
Several possible options use little system resources while delivering high loading rates.
Opera is recommended because it provides the highest stability, security, and performance balance.
The user interface is simple to navigate. It may be customized to meet your requirements and workplace. To keep track of your most essential web sites, it provides easy bookmarking options and the ability to create numerous folders and subfolders.
Furthermore, Opera integrates various social networking services to make it easier to access them from the sidebar. To remain in contact with your peers, just log in.
The browser also comes with a vast number of free add-ons that may be downloaded. Mini-games, productivity applications, translators, spellcheckers, and other features are all possible to include.
It’s also worth noting that Opera comes with a free built-in VPN. It secures your connection and enables you to view information that is geo-restricted.
4. The browser’s memory utilization should be reduced.
- Open the Microsoft Edge web browser.
- To access the Browser Task Manager, use Shift + Esc on the keyboard.
- Locate the memory-hungry browser tab, right-click it, and choose End process.
Ads, screen resolution, tab content, window size, the amount of browser tabs active, and other factors all impact memory use.
More information about this subject may be found here.
5. Microsoft Edge should be repaired.
- To access the Settings app, press Windows key + I.
- Select the Apps tab.
- Select the Apps and Features option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Select Modify by clicking on the three dotted lines.
- When a pop-up appears, click the Repair the browser button.
6. Clear the cache in the Microsoft Edge browser.
Use the edge:/settings/reset command to reset your settings.
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser. In the tab edge, type the following command: Hit Enter after typing /settings/reset.
- It may take a few minutes for it to appear, depending on your browser’s data. Select the option to Restore settings to their default values.
- A notice will be sent to you notifying you of the reset. Reset the computer by pressing the Reset button.
All of the settings in the Edge browser are reset when you reset it. It will close all tabs and remove all cookies and cache while keeping the history and passwords stored.
Make use of the Options menu.
- Open your browser and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Reset settings from the drop-down menu.
- Restore settings to their preset values by clicking the Restore settings to their default values button.
- A window will appear asking you to reset your device. Simply press the Reset button to start again.
7. Alter the page file system.
- Go to the Search button, type Advanced System Settings into the search box, then press Enter.
- Select the Advanced option from the drop-down menu.
- On the Performance tab, click the Settings button.
- Click the Advanced tab once more.
- Select the Change option.
- Uncheck the box that says “Automatically manage page file size for all disks.”
- Select the Custom size button and enter the Recommended size in the Initial size field. Fill in the Currently allocated values in the Maximum size box.
- To apply the changes, click the Set button and then OK.
How long does it take to resolve an Edge memory error code?
When you do the right thing, fixing the problem just takes a few minutes. It takes less expertise and may be fixed by anybody.
Users should be aware that certain mistakes may occur when browsing; nevertheless, there is no need to worry; instead, use the various troubleshooting procedures. It is beneficial to minimize resources, particularly hardware resources that influence memory.
When you initially notice a problem, try the basic troubleshooting steps first, such as restarting your computer and browser.
This problem affects most browsers as well, and you may fix it using the same techniques as before. You may, for example, look up how to fix the Server execution failed problem in Chrome.
Which approach did you use to resolve the issue? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “Out of memory error code in Edge” is a common error that can occur when your computer runs out of memory. There are 7 easy tips to fix the error and get back to browsing. Reference: error code: out of memory chrome.
Frequently Asked Questions
- microsoft edge out of memory xbox one
- how to fix out of memory error in windows 7
- this page is having a problem error code: out of memory
- browser out of memory
- out of memory crash