I have been using the keyboard to type the beta symbol for so long, I have forgotten how it used to look. But, if you are wondering how to type the text “beta” on the keyboard, then you are in luck, because I have prepared this guide to help you do just that.
If you want to type the Greek letter ‘β’ on a standard English keyboard, you have 4 options: 1. Use a Greek keyboard 2. Use a keyboard with a dedicated character set for Greek letters 3. Use a keyboard with a dedicated character set for Latin letters 4. Use a keyboard with a dedicated character set for Latin-based European letters
The “β” or “beta” is the third letter of the Greek alphabet, and it is used as a convention to represent a number higher than α and lower than γ. It is also used to represent the third letter of the Greek alphabet.
Click the icon below to copy and paste the Beta symbol. Continue scrolling down the page to learn how to use the keyboard to insert or type this symbol.
Using a Keyboard to Type the Beta Symbol (Summary)
Inserting or typing the Beta sign may be done in a variety of ways.
The following is a summary of each method:
Method of Alt Code: The Beta Symbol’s Alt Code is 225. To type the Beta symbol with the Alt Code, press and hold one of the Alt keys on your keyboard while entering the Alt code on the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key. This technique needs a separate numeric keypad with Num Lock activated on your keyboard. It is also only compatible with Windows.
Mac Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+G, then b is the Mac Keyboard shortcut for the Beta sign. To write the Symbol for Beta using this shortcut, hold down the Ctrl and G keys on your Mac keyboard while simultaneously pressing and releasing the b key.
Microsoft Word Unicode Shortcut: In MS Word, the shortcut for creating the Beta sign is 03B2, Alt + X. To utilize this shortcut, open Microsoft Word and enter 03B2, then immediately click Alt + the X key after inputting the code. If it still doesn’t work, try selecting the code and hitting Alt + X.
Microsoft Office Symbol Library: In MS Office (Word, Excel, or PowerPoint), go to Enter > Symbols > More Symbols to open the Symbol library and insert the Beta symbol. Then locate the Beta sign and double-click it to insert it into your document.
Copy and Paste: To copy and paste the Beta sign, just click the Copy button above. If you’re using Windows, we’ve previously spoken about how to copy and paste this symbol using the character Map. To discover all of the techniques, you’ll want to read all the way to the conclusion.
These are the many ways for generating the Beta symbol on any operating system, including Windows and Mac, as well as in any program, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and even Google Docs.
Let’s look at each technique in more detail.
Shortcut for the Beta Symbol (Windows)
The Alt Code for the Beta sign is 225.
Alt codes are used in Windows to enter symbols or characters that aren’t found on the keyboard.
When attempting to write special characters, this technique is very useful since it saves a considerable amount of time.
The methods to enter the Beta sign on Windows using the Alt Code keyboard shortcut are as follows:
- Open the document where you’ll be typing the Beta symbol.
- The cursor should be placed where you want it to be.
- Hold down one of the Alt Keys on your keyboard.
- Use the number keypad on the right to enter the Beta Alt code while holding down the Alt key (225)
- After entering the code, release the alt key.
The Beta sign will display as soon as you release the Alt key.
In order for the Beta Alt Code to function, the following requirements must be fulfilled.
- You must hold down the Alt key before entering the code.
- You must use the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard to enter the alt code.
- Because you’re utilizing a 10-key numeric keypad, you’ll need to activate NumLock. The number keys become disabled when NumLock is turned off, and you won’t be able to enter any numbers.
- If your laptop doesn’t have a numeric keypad, you’ll have to first enable the hidden numeric keypad. On most computers, you can switch it on by simultaneously hitting the Fn + NmLk buttons. Not every laptop has a concealed numeric keypad. If it doesn’t appear in yours, you’ll have to use an external keyboard with a numeric keypad or use the on-screen keyboard to enter symbols using the alt code technique. You may still utilize the other techniques mentioned in this article.
- You should also be aware that not all symbols can be written with the alt code, depending on the text editor you’re using. Some of the alt codes are only recognized by Microsoft Word.
Shortcut for the Beta Symbol (Mac)
Ctrl + G, then b is the Mac shortcut for the Beta Symbol.
The Alt code technique is only available on Windows and may only be utilized there.
If you’re using a Mac PC, though, this shortcut will work.
To utilize this Mac keyboard shortcut, follow the steps below:
- To type the symbol, open the document where you wish to type it.
- Press and release the Ctrl + G keys at the same time.
- Then, once again, hit the b key.
If you complete the following instructions properly, you can enter the Beta sign anywhere on your Mac keyboard.
Type Beta Sign with a shortcut (MS Word)
03B2, Alt + X is the MS Word shortcut for typing the Beta sign.
While the Alt code and Mac shortcuts described above may be used to enter this symbol in any application, including Microsoft Word, this shortcut is only available in Word.
To utilize this shortcut, open your Microsoft Word document, place the insertion cursor where you wish to write the Beta symbol, and then just follow the steps below:
- Type 03B2 into the search box.
- Then hit Alt + X at the same time.
- If it still doesn’t work, highlight the code and then press Alt + X.
The symbol displays in place of the Unicode when you press Alt + X after entering it.
Insert the Beta symbol from the Office Symbol Library.
If using the keyboard isn’t your thing, you may also obtain the Beta sign in Office applications like Microsoft Word by using the mouse.
We’ll use screenshots from Microsoft Word to demonstrate the procedures. In Excel and PowerPoint, though, you may apply the same technique.
Here are the measures to take without further ado:
- Open Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Place your cursor where you want it.
- Select the Insert tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select More Symbols from the drop-down menu after clicking the Symbols button in the Symbols group.
After that, the Symbol window will display. It has a billion symbols, one of which is the Beta symbol.
- In the symbol library, look for the Beta symbol.
Use the Subset dropdown option to show certain kinds of symbols to quickly find this symbol. The Beta symbol may be found in the Mathematical Operators category.
However, typing the Unicode 03B2 in the Character code text box is the quickest method to obtain this sign. The Beta sign will be filtered out and chosen after you enter the Unicode.
- Simply double-click it to put it into your document. Alternatively, you may use the Insert key.
- The Dialog is now closed.
If you carefully follow the instructions above, you may enter the Beta sign or any other symbol or character not found on the keyboard into Word.
Beta Symbol Copy & Paste
This is by far the most straightforward method of obtaining any symbol, including the Beta symbol.
Simply copy the symbol elsewhere, such as a web page, and then go to the document where you need it and click Ctrl + V.
The symbol is given below if you wish to replicate it.
The instructions below will teach you how to copy this symbol from the Character Map if you have a Windows PC.
- Search for the Character Map app and open it.
- Select the Advance View checkbox beside the button to see additional Character map choices.
- A search box may be found in the Advanced view. Press Enter after typing Beta.
- In the search results, the symbol will show.
- Simply pick it in the Characters to copy text box with a double click and then press the Copy button.
It may be tough to get symbols that do not have keys on the keyboard.
It should, however, no longer be a tough job with the help of the techniques mentioned.
Thank you for taking the time to read through our tutorial.
The beta symbol is a representation of the Greek letter “β”, and is used in mathematics and physics to represent a new variable. It’s a new variable that you can only enter by the means of a keyboard. The following guide will teach you how to type a new variable on a keyboard, from the simplest keyboard to the most powerful.. Read more about how to insert beta symbol in word mac and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the beta symbol on my keyboard?
You can use the following keyboard shortcuts to get the beta symbol on your keyboard. Ctrl + Alt + B – Beta Symbol Ctrl + Alt + Shift + B – Beta Block
How do I type beta on PC?
To type beta on PC, you would use the letter B.
How do I type the gamma symbol on my keyboard?
The gamma symbol is the Greek letter Γ (gamma). It can be typed using the following keyboard shortcuts: AltGr + G = ɡ AltGr + H = ɣ AltGr + I = ı
- how to type alpha symbol in keyboard
- how to type beta on phone
- how to insert beta symbol in word
- how to insert greek letters in word mac
- how to type alpha symbol in phone